Wednesday, April 30, 2008

You Think There's Only ONE John Matthews? Think Again!

I've been spending a lot of time lately Googling myself. Now before you say to yourselves "that John Matthews is an ego-maniac" (you'd be right, by the way), please note that the main reason for this is to see if my website and blog are popping up properly on search engines. I have found so far that combining the name "John Matthews" with "WMAL" or "news" or "Disney" makes my site pop up right away. However, just googling my name alone has proven there are a LOT of Mamas who have enjoyed naming their children "John Matthews"!



This baby is one of the newer John Matthews in the world.









This is one of the oldest John Matthews I found. Judge John "Bud" Matthews was a rancher in West Texas at the turn of the 20th Century.







And there are dead John Matthews, too.









Some John Matthews are black. This one was a Vegas lounge singer. How cool is THAT?








And this John Matthews is a champion fisherman!












Some John Matthews are politicians! I found a couple of state Senators named John Matthews, but this guy is a Green party candidate in Wales!





And this John Matthews was a British soccer star in the 1970's.














Some John Matthews are writers. This one wrote a book about Goat Disease!






And then there's this teenage John Matthews... Wait a minute - that's ME! I found this while looking up the others, and it did not come from any of my family's websites... There's a fun story behind this... but more on THAT tomorrow!

1 comment:

Julie Matthews said...

Uh... excuse me. You forgot the John Edward Matthews for whom you are named. You are John Edward Matthews II... there was the REAL John Edward Matthews... and I remember him! To prove my point, here is a picture of his wife, Verna, and him circa 1950:

http://www.juliesannex.com/jematthews.jpg

Sheesh. I hope your great-grandkids don't forget you so quickly!

xxxooo
Your seeeeeester