Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What's Getting Better Reviews Than Indiana Jones?

A few days ago, I told you I was working on a new project - an alumni webpage for my college chapel choir. I worried that maybe I was just being sentimental - That perhaps my old classmates had better things to do than stroll down memory lane. My sister, Julie, who creates websites for a living, predicted the site would be a hit because people never think to do webpages like this. Well, I put the site online on Sunday, and I'm relieved to say the early reviews are quite positive. I put out an e-mail blast to as many former choir members as I could find. I've received several responses similar to this one, from a classmate whom I have not seen in more than 25 years:

Dear John,

Yes, you have found another HCC alum! Thanks for e-mailing me and letting me know about the web site. I visited, and the memories came flooding back. I wanted to send you a quick message to let you know how much I enjoyed the site and how much I appreciate all your hard work to put it together. What a great idea!

And this one from our choir director. Winston, who was around 30 when I was in the choir, reminded me with great clarity that even through our nostalgic haze, time does not stand still!

John,

You blew me away!! First, I was very surprised to hear from you and, second, the website gave me cold chills. Seeing those pix brought back surprisingly strong memories. Wow do I miss that whole scene...we really had it nice, didn't we? I'm still happily married to Shery, with 4 children and 2 grandsons. I weigh more, have less hair but still get to make music every day....I'm grateful.

Finally - lest you think being in a Chapel Choir made us all little choir boys and choir girls, remember - this was STILL college! From the one-and-only Diana:

Oh My God!
Yes. I am an HCC alum. 2nd Soprano, 1st Alto 79-82. Tenor when I drank too much on Saturday night.

LOL! Reflections like that one are the reason I built that website!

No comments: