Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Life On The Beach Work Update!

My temporary colleagues at WBAL Radio have pointed out to me that if I am employed by them, I am, in a manner of speaking, not technically on the beach. Well, I suppose they are correct. However, if some magic little headhunter with a great job doesn't come along in the next three weeks to sweep me off my feet, I will most certainly be unemployed once again. Therefore, my current situation has all of the terror of being unemployed with the side benefit of a few extra bucks in my pocket. I don't know... until the full time gig comes along, I'm feeling awfully damn on the beach!

I am enjoying being able to exercise my brain and creative talent by writing for newscasts and even anchoring a couple of them a day, however I must say that the daily 1:30am wake up calls are not my favorite part of the job. Sometimes when I get home, it's all I can do to keep my eyes open! Therefore, don't be surprised if you see me miss a couple of weekdays... I have fallen asleep while blogging a couple of times already!

The one thing I can honestly say about my work at WBAL is that there's no downtime... But here's a little gem of a video from an office worker who has too much time on his hands and who probably SHOULD be joining me (or better, replacing me )on the beach! Enjoy!


Touch Tone Phone Symphony - Watch more free videos

No comments: