Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Going To The Beach For A Pizza!

I have been blessed to be working through the holidays, as those with real jobs have taken off work to give us freelancers a chance. Yesterday, however, I had my one and only weekday off, so the family and I decided to go out for pizza - in Rehoboth Beach!


For those of you unfamiliar with the geography, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware is about a 2 hour and 15 minute drive from Brookeville, but gas has suddenly become dirt cheap, and we DID have a 65-dollar gift certificate to Grotto Pizza that I had won at an Associated Press convo a year and a half ago, and the certificate happened to expire on 12/31/08. It was now or never - plus, they had shopping outlets and no sales tax - so off we went!


It just so happens, Tuesday is "half-price pizza" day at Grotto, so our 65-dollar gift certificate not only yielded us plenty o' slices for lunch, but also gelato for dessert AND three large pizzas for the freezer at home!


Next it was off to the outlets, where all rumors of big price markdowns after the miserable holiday shopping season are TRUE! We dropped the boys off at the movies, while the missus and I found dress shoes for me (two pair - all leather - 40 bucks!), shirts for the boys and perfume for mama. Then on the way out of town, I found the biggest bargain at all at Wawa - we filled the gas tank for - get this - $1.41 a gallon!


A road trip with free pizza and cheap gas to boot! What more can you ask of the holiday season?

No comments: