Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thank God For Marion Barry!


Well, it looks like DC Councilmember and Mayor-For-Life Marion Barry may finally be going to go to jail for tax evasion. Two years after getting probation for failing to file his returns, Barry has failed to file them AGAIN, and prosecutors are out for blood... Barry is refusing to comment, saying it's his personal business - and besides - he's too busy helping his constituents find affordable housing and otherwise doing the work of the people!

I know I should be outraged and calling for Barry's head, and I'll shed no tears if he goes to jail. But part of me enjoys seeing Barry constantly emerge out of the car wreck that his life has become without a scratch. Every good story needs a good villain. Superman has Lex Luthor. Peter Pan has Captain Hook. Sherlock Holmes has Professor Moriarty... And DC has Marion Barry!

I think Heath Ledger said it best in the Dark Knight:




Good luck, Mayor!

No comments: