Friday, September 19, 2008

Congratulations, WMAL!


I kinda feel like the ball player who gets ejected from game 7 of the World Series in the eighth inning with my team holding a one-run lead, and then going on to win the crown. I may not have been "on the field", last night, but I'm proud to see that WMAL has won the Marconi award from the National Association of Broadcasters as the Major Market Radio Station Of The Year!

Here's Operations Director Paul Duckworth accepting the award:


I completely agree with what Paul said in his speech. There is still a very talented bunch of people at WMAL working hard to make the very best radio they can in a very volatile and sometimes scary business environment. I stand beside them as they celebrate their prize, and want to thank General Manager Chris Berry, who took the time to drop me a personal note to acknowledge my contributions.

I sure wish our political parties and candidates could get along this well!

No comments: